Kansas City Polymer Clay Guild

Kansas City: The Kansas City Polymer Clay Guild meets on the second Tuesday of each month, with quarterly "Clay Play Days" on Saturday afternoons. We learn, experiment and play with various techniques and new products and have a great time doing so!

Check out our website or our Facebook group.

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Robin Young's Large Inked Oval Beads



Robin's technique: "I first made a stack of clay with ecru and green stripes.  I then stamped in it and sliced off pieces of makume gane (using Barbara McGuire's mokume technique.) I added alcohol inks in three greens, yellow, red and rust.  I added some acrylic paint to the top and cut out the pendants.  I added a stamped backing of copper clay.  After baking, I put three layers of sealer on top and that was about it." She always makes it sound so simple!


No comments:

Post a Comment